Monday 8 May 2017

Her Wisdom - Morgana


Welcome to my latest Her Wisdom post and to lovely Morgana from Coffee, Work, Sleep, Repeat. Morgana was one of the first blogger I got to know through Twitter when I started back in 2012 and I was thrilled to meet her in person at Britmums Live the following year! We spent some time hanging out, drinking too much coffee and wine and sharing the highs and lows of blogging and parenting at the same time. Morgana's first award winning blog Butwhymummywhy was a hit with so many mums who could related to the bumpy road of school runs and tantrums.

She now writes over on her new blog Coffee, Work, Sleep, Repeat which hosts the ever popular links Little LovesShe is a very clever and talented lady that has kept me following her adventures online because of her genuine warmth, kindness and authenticity. Despite how popular and successful she's become with her online presence she continues to be down to earth and a pleasure to connect with.
How do you begin your day? What are the first 3 things you have to do to get your day started? 
Usually my day begins with running around after my two girls trying to get them ready for school and out of the door in time! When I’m back from the school run I usually make a coffee and go over my to-do list for the day. Of course, in all this I make time to have a scroll through social media. So, in summary, my three things would be the school run, coffee and planning. I wish it was more inspirational, like getting up early and exercising or something but I’m afraid that’s just not me!
Share your favourite piece of wisdom and why it means something to you.
Now, I’m a bit quote obsessed. I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to them! I often have a quote that is relevant for a particular season or time in my life. For example, when my girls were tiny and my husband started up his own business I had this quote as my phone screen saver ‘Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest’ and it might sound silly but just looking at those words helped me to dig deep in the tough times.
What is your go to thing for comfort when it all gets too much?
A hot bubble bath always helps me to calm down and get some perspective. I think it’s having some time to myself for a bit of contemplation and prayer, oh and a good book and a glass of wine helps too! 

Who are the women that inspire you?
Now this list could just go on and on and on. Anyone that has stood up for themselves or a cause, any and all women that on a day to day basis put their head in the air and get on with life. On a personal level my mum will always be a source of inspiration for me. Sadly, she passed away a few years ago when my eldest daughter was just a baby. She battled cancer on and off for much of my life but she was so strong and had such a calm and gentle spirit. The fact that she seemed so serene and focused even when life was so hard for her will always inspire me.
How do you see yourself and what makes up your sense of identity?  
I was brought up in a strong Christian family and having faith and certain values has definitely shaped my life and who I am. I choose love every day and look to God when making decisions and especially in raising my girls. I think it’s in the core of my being and everything flows from that, I believe that I can be the person I was created to be and that gives me strength and a strong sense of identity.  That doesn’t mean to say that I don’t have wobbles and moments of insecurity, but in those times I take a step back and focus on what is important and ‘regroup’ so to speak.
Do you have a favourite dish or recipe that makes you feel good or gives you a much needed boost?
When my mum passed away I asked my dad if I could have her box of recipes. It’s this little box full of handwritten recipes on index cards. I have so many memories of cooking and baking with my mum, so I love recreating some of my favourites. A staple in our house for a Saturday lunch time is my mum’s carrot and lentil soup, it’s now my eldest girls favourite too.

What does confidence mean to you, what builds yours? 
I believe that having confidence doesn’t always mean shouting the loudest and being the biggest presence. For me confidence is a quiet, still, small voice that keeps me pushing forward through the tough times. Seeing something that I’ve worked hard on be a success will never get old and it’s a great confidence booster. 
What's challenging you right now?
My main challenge is trying to find an organisation system that works for me. My husband is practically evangelical about ‘GTD’ (Getting Things Done) so I’m currently trialling that method using the app Nirvana. I’ve still not quite got my head around it yet though.
Tell us more about your latest or next project.
I have so many little projects on the go at the moment, I’m spinning so many plates it’s ridiculous! I’m making the move into freelance social media management (because I don’t have enough to do already!) and re-jigging my blog to be more stream-lined focussing on sharing more Start Up Stories and support for fellow work from home parents, creatives and entrepreneurs. Of course, I’ll still be writing in the lifestyle genre with home décor posts, but they will be more focussed around working from home. I still have my kids accessories store Little and Fierce Kids too, so it’s making all my projects work together rather than compete for my time. It’s still a work in progress.

You can also connect with Morgana here:
Instagram ⚬ @coffeeworksleep
Pinterest ⚬ Coffee Work Sleep Repeat 


SaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Her Wisdom | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig