Sunday 27 August 2017

Her Wisdom - Rebecca Jacobs



This month I'm excited to welcome Rebecca Jacobs to the Her Wisdom tribe. Rebecca works with women committed to a thriving life to help them stop settling in their style. Through one-on-one styling and online group programs, she helps her clients to uncover their signature style that is both aligned with who they are and simplified so they are spending less time, money, and brain power on it. All so they get to feel good about how they look and get back to their bigger business and life goals with confidence. 

Rebecca lives in Toronto, Canada, a place very close to my heart and her advice, guidance and style wisdom have been so valuable for me. Rebecca and I have chatted through Skype and emails and she always understands my style dilemma, no doubt you'll love her wisdom too.

How do you begin your day? What are the first 3 things you need to do to get your day started?
I love the morning time—everything is quiet and I feel my most clear headed. I like to have a routine and something I look forward to getting up for. I am changing my morning routine every so often but right now it looks like this.

I wake up and go over to my couch or patio with a blanket and a journal. I’ll journal on a prompt, and then set my intention and gratitude for the day.

Next, I’ll meditate for 5-10 minutes. Usually I do this unguided and just try to set how I want to feel for the day, and listen to what thoughts are going on.

The third thing I do is make my yerba mate tea and drink it while working on my most important task that day. After that I am ready for exercising and getting ready for the rest of my day.

Share your favourite piece of wisdom and why it means something to you.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. 

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. 

It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. 

We ask ourselves, 

'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' 

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. 

We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

― Marianne Williamson

Definitely a favourite piece of wisdom I share with all my clients and students. My heart is for seeing women become the biggest most thriving and alive versions of themselves—that is the power of style and how I see it fitting into our lives. We need to remind ourselves that this is something we are meant to do. Our default is playing small and listening to our fears and because it is our default we assume it’s what we are meant to do. No! We are meant to live out our life as alive as possible.

Oh and my favourite part is the truth about how choosing this for ourselves inspires others. This is what I hope to accomplish with my work and for the women I work with to go on and do.

What is your go to thing for comfort when it all gets too much?
I can definitely relate to it all getting too much! When that happens I usually go lie down in my bed and put a podcast on so I can close my eyes. I will also heat up what I call “my warm thing” in the microwave and bring that with me. (It’s essentially a bean bag you heat up like a hot water bottle.)

Who are the women that inspire you?
The women I work with inspire me hugely. I see them choose aliveness and choose their dreams over their fears and that transition is always moving to watch.

Many of the other women who inspire me I seek out as coaches and mentors to work with. Adrienne Dorison, Lisa Carpenter, Jess Lively, and Brooke Castillo have all been mentors I have worked with and bought programs from that have helped to shape me.







How do you see yourself and what makes up your sense of identity?  
It’s no surprise that style helps me to be the woman I want to be. It allows me to physically see myself as that woman and operate as her every day. I am love, I am powerful (as we ALL are.) I love to feel vibrant, playful, sophisticated, open and encouraging. And I embody these traits by getting dressed each day in whatever will make me feel that way today.

Do you have a favourite dish or recipe that makes you feel good or gives you a much needed boost?
I don’t have a favourite recipe as I have never been much of cook. However, what we eat is hugely important in our energy and how we get to feel every day. Because of that, I eat the foods that make me feel good and meal prep on Sundays so I have yummy easy-to-grab meals all throughout the week.

What does confidence mean to you, what builds yours? 
Confidence is a funny thing. We are often confident in certain areas of our life, but not in others. Knowing I am wearing exactly what I want to be wearing gives me confidence for things like being on camera, speaking up in group settings, and connecting with those I have admired.

Believing that my success is inevitable and it will all turn out okay, gives me confidence in my career and business.
Feeling connected to something more than me (the Universe, God, etc.) gives me confidence in the actions I take and decisions I make.

What's challenging you right now?
My business and the work I’m doing is challenging me right now. I know I’m meant to do more with it, and I know I want to be having a bigger impact. It can feel like a challenge wanting for more, but still navigating my way there.

Tell us more about your latest or next project.
I am so excited that my online group style program is coming back this fall! If you’ve enjoyed reading through some of these responses and are interested in living a more thriving life, playing bigger, having more confidence, and showing up as the woman you want to be—I made this program for you. It is called Style in Alignment and it is all about creating a signature style that is a reflection of who we are on the inside and supports us in where we want to be going. It’s such an awesome class and I’m so excited to be offering it again.

I’m always excited to work with my clients 1:1. We meet virtually through video conferencing and getting to be alongside women as they tap into embodying the person they want to be is oh so magical!

Thanks so much for letting me share these answers with you and your audience, Karen!
Follow Rebecca and keep up with her style adventures here:

Instagram: rebecca.jacobs
Twitter: @_rebeccajacobs
Youtube: Rebecca Jacobs 
SaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Her Wisdom | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig