Monday 17 December 2018

Her Wisdom - Louise Budd



I have to say that Instagram has bought so many amazing people into my life this year and Louise Budd from Tiny Acorn Mighty Oak is one of them! We have a shared love of crystals and time spent on a positive wellbeing, Louise is an artist who uses her talents to inspire and nourish others through her work and her online shops has so many beautiful things that will uplift even your darkest days! She has been a great supporter to me this year and I'm excited to introduce her and her little nuggets of wisdom to you today!

How do you begin your day? What are the 3 things you need to do to get your day started?

I like to start my day with a nourishing breakfast (normally porridge - I'm an oat addict!) to fuel my body for the morning ahead. I then plan what I’m going to do to make the most of my day, taking into account my energy levels for the day and how much rest I need. This is an important aspect of pacing myself to manage my chronic illness. I then choose some affirmations to focus on for the day to try and start my day off positively.
Share your favourite piece of wisdom and why it means something to you

Choose peace and fiercely guard it - I have realised that for me having peace of mind brings happiness and fulfilment so I now consciously try to avoid drama, spend time with positive people, make decisions based on whether it will bring me peace (over money or other factors) and put up boundaries to guard my peace.
What is your go to thing for comfort when it all gets too much?

I find a hot bath very nurturing and comforting, and then getting in my pyjamas and wrapping myself in a snuggly blanket. I like the feeling of being cocooned and cosy when life feels too much.
Who are the women that inspire you?

There are so many women around me who inspire me, especially those who overcome challenges and obstacles in their lives and go on to create lives that they love. I meet many people in everyday life and on Instagram, who have gone through really tough situations but have managed to overcome them and have built beautiful lives and businesses.
Louise Hay continues to be a great inspiration to me because of her brilliant work with the mind - body connection, offering an alternative view of how to heal the body. Also, Brene Brown for her work on imperfection and courage.
How do you see yourself and what makes up your sense of identity?

I think my core values make up my sense of identity. I see myself as a strong woman who is loyal, creative, trustworthy and kind. I’m also not afraid to stand up for something I believe in or to be assertive when needed. I think having being ill has changed my perspective of myself and the world around me and has made me realise that when we take responsibility for our life and how we spend it, we have the power to create our own happiness and a life that we love living.
Do you have a favourite dish or recipe that makes you feel good or gives you that much needed boost?

I love a slow cooker lamb stew, it is incredibly comforting and warming on a cold, winter’s evening. I love a nice Sunday roast dinner. I also find a nice bowl of porridge comforting at any point throughout the day  it's not just for breakfast at my house!
What does confidence mean to you, what builds yours?

I think having confidence is not about being fearless but about being brave and doing things despite the fear. Overcoming fear and stepping outside of my comfort zone always helps to build my confidence.
What’s challenging you right now?

Something I am working on is not letting other people’s negativity impact my well being. I’ve been doing lots of work on protecting my energy using boundaries and other techniques but I think it is an ongoing process with each new situation.
Tell us more about your latest or next project? 

I am in the process of an intensive Crystal Healing Practitioner Qualification so that I can start to bring crystals into my work at Tiny Acorn Mighty Oak. I’ve always had a great love of crystals so I decided I wanted to become qualified to be able to share my love of crystals with others to help support them.
You can connect with Louise through her social media accounts and visit her website/online shop with the links below — do go and say hi to her!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Her Wisdom | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig