Monday 31 December 2018

Wisdom + Wellbeing - Hello New Year



Confession time - I'm actually writing this post at the beginning of December!

Why am I doing this?

Because just maybe I might have a newborn baby in my arms right now and because of this likelihood I am being super organised and writing my blog post before he arrives!

However my thoughts and intention about this coming year are the same right now as they will be when you read this — unless something crazy has happened in-between!

For as long as I've been blogging I have always written a post to reflect the start of a new year and all the possibilities it reflects for us.

I have to admit that I've made resolutions in the past and I've checked in on them half way through the year, some have been successful and other not so much but over the last few years I've tried something a bit different and it's been much less pressure and far more inspirational.



I decided at the start of 2017 that instead of having a set list of things I wanted change about myself and my life, I would rather try and manifest some positive intentions for my year ahead. So I created a Wishes + Visions board and used Pinterest to curate it — you can see my previous years boards here and here.

This year the idea of being inspired and intentional rather than setting ridged resolutions feels even more welcoming to me. New babies are unpredictable and I know I will be setting myself up to fail with the specifics of defined resolutions in place. 

So I've been pinning away again and have come up with a Dreams + Wishes board for 2019 and I've titled this one: FREEDOM - I haven't given them a title before but I feel really drawn toward also choosing a word for the year to reflect what I want to manifest. Just choosing a word for the year is another way to break free from harsh resolutions but stay focused on what matters to you for the year ahead, you can actually choose 2 or 3 words if you like.

So here a peak at my board for 2019, you click through to see all of it...


Another lovely way to welcome in a new year and feel positive and motivated is to spend some time reflecting back on all the great stuff that happen in the previous 12 months and actually celebrate what you have achieved and enjoyed! Treat yourself to a nice dinner, hot chocolate, new dress or just time out at home as a way of congratulating yourself because you absolutely deserve to and you're setting the tone for positive self care in the weeks and months to come.

I've also seen other people set a mantra for the year, one that motivate and lifts them when things feel awkward, difficult or too hard, and it can also be used to help to embrace new challenges and create positive change for yourself.

One thing that I think we could all do with this coming year is focusing in on ourselves and staying in our own lane. It's so easy to look at what other people are doing or what other people have (mine is always drooling over everyone else's gorgeous homes decorated in beautiful interiors!) and feel that pang of sadness, inferiority and failure - as they say comparison is the thief of joy! Bit I'm urging you to not let it distract you this year but instead really hone in on what you want for yourself, think through carefully about how you can make it happen, make a plan, commit to it in ways you never have before and challenge yourself to make it your reality!

And if you do get distracted by all the pretty, perfect and popular lives on social media use those emotions that show up - you know jealousy and frustration - to fuel your passion and desires for yourself not put them out!



Before you go I'd love for us all to share some gratitude for the year that's past and some inspiration for the year ahead - I'll go first!

I am so grateful for the support and understanding of the people around me, I've faced some difficult emotions this year and have been pleasantly surprised by the love I have felt from the people in my life!

This coming year I'm hoping to be inspired by and connect with some amazing women who are stepping out of the normal expectations and finding a way to build the business they really want to have.

Now it's your turn...

And if you want to share them over on Instagram on Facebook too don't forget to tag me in!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Her Wisdom | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig