Monday 13 January 2020

5 things to try for a Gentle January


Gosh if I had a penny for every time someone told me in the last week that they want to look after themselves better this month I could certainly afford to treat them all to something special!

It seems like most women I know are looking to make some changes that will help them to feel better in some way, and to tell the truth I have a few things that I want to put in place for myself too.

What I’m also hearing is that January is a month of doom and gloom, I’ve heard others say it drags on for ages, that it makes them feel sluggish and is their worst month of the year — poor January, it has such a bad reputation!

So with that in mind I think we should all go easier on this month, and on ourselves too and opt for a Gentle January and here are my top 5 tips of things you can try to ease yourself through this month.

1. One of the biggest topics of talk amongst my friends is overindulgence at Christmas and New Year, I know many people who like to do January alcohol free but find it hard to stick to so I asked my pal Lizzie from Lizzie Somerset, who is now sober and proud, who she recommends to follow for support with this one. Rebecca from Sexy Sobriety and Millie from Sober Girl Society were her top picks for anyone wanting to go a little gentler on their liver.

2. My favourite way to feel better is to get cosy, so when its dark and grey outside make your inside environment warm and welcoming. This is a really easy way to give yourself a boost, think candles, blankets and flowers for a cheery winter vibe. Place your favourite feel good books around the home so you can pick them up and read a few pages when you’re feeling a bit bogged down. Make a list of your favourite funny films and create a January watch list, you could invite friends over to watch too or make it into a date night, for extra warmth and spice make home-made curry and popcorn to go with it.

3. Social media can get us down, especially at this time of year so curate yours to be positive and motivational. One of my favourite people to follow on Instagram for self care and a better wellbeing is Suzy Reading, her feed is full of nourishing tips and inspiration plus she’s got so many ideas on how we can all have Gentle January.

4. Invest in yourself and put your Winter Wellbeing front and centre. If you need an extra helping hand my Winter Wellbeing Workbook is perfect for this. It packed full of questions and worksheets to help you figure out what is important, how you want to feel and what you can do to create better wellbeing in the winter months. Plus there’s lots of ideas and suggestions for you to find inspiration from including what crystals are perfect in the winter months and how to use them. You can get your copy here.

5. Simple go gentle on yourself, commit to one or two small changes to make a big impact. Ask yourself what tweaks can you make to feel better. Could you get more sleep? Could you swap out one cup of coffee for water or herbal tea? Could you find a soothing bedtime meditation or use a sweet smelling citrus oil in your morning shower? Find yourself ten minutes, sit down and write out some ideas for yourself.

Ok, that’s my top 5 tips - keep the conversation going and let me know which one you try below and come and find me on Facebook or Instagram and share with me there.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Her Wisdom | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig