Wednesday 22 January 2020

How to use Citrine to inspire creativity


Remember when you were young and you could spend hours playing with coloured dough or you’d craft something amazing from toilet paper rolls, an egg box, tin foil and a few bottle lids? Maybe cross-stitch was your thing? Writing short stories, or baking with your grandma on a Sunday afternoon?


I know there’ll be something creative you’ll remember because as child we seemed to have limitless creativity, imagination was such a blessing. But if you’re like me that creative streak can become a bit stagnant in adulthood and sometimes a little helping hand is most welcome.

For me using citrine has become a wonderful way to get that creativity flowing again and in this post I’m going to let you in on some of the ways I use citrine and why it’s become so powerful to me.

“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” 
― Rumi


Although many people can create from a place of sadness and negativity I find that doesn’t really work for me and so seeking out the things that fill me with joy is a good first step, and my citrine crystals never fail fill me with that much needed joy I need to get my creative juices going.

Citrine's sunny yellow hues instantly give me a warm glow, even on the darkest of days, and just holding a piece in my hand and taking a few moments to breath can help me to feel energised but focus in on what really matters to me at that moment. Doing this little exercise can really help if my brain is jumbled with ideas and I don’t know where to start because sometimes creativity can stop when we become overwhelmed with what we want to do.

For general creativity and to ensure that it’s always flowing when I need it too I keep a bigger chunk in my workspace and the positioning is just as important. Back right corner of your office or workspace is your abundance and creativity corner and this is whee you need to aim for if you want to do the same. If you work from home or want to give a creative boost to your whole family you should use the same position in your house.

To get exactly the right spot stand at the front door to your home or to your workspace/office and locate the furthest back left corner, this is the place where your citrine crystal should live when you’re not using it to keep that creativity abundant.

Some other ways to use citrine for creativity...

If you're stuck on some specific and want to sleep on it literally, place a small tumbled stone under your pillow and see what comes up in your dreams over night. If often do this to give me that rise and shine motivation first thing in the morning as well.

Pop a piece in your bra, if you’ve followed me for a while you’ll know I pretty much have a crystal nestled in my bra most days and citrine is a good one if you need to take that creativity out and about or have a creative based meeting or work event away from your usual work space.

I tend to get a lot of my good ideas in the shower - I know! In the bathroom is the one place I can get some quiet alone time (#mumlife) and it’s often the time I get a chance to think things over and let my imagination wonder so if this is you too keep a piece by the shower or for some serious creative brainstorming pop a piece in your bath or around the tub, fill with bubbles, light some candles and relax and watch those ideas flow. Citrine isn't soluble either so it’s totally safe to do this, if you’re putting crystals in your bath water though I’d opt for tumbled stones so you don’t get any nasty surprises when you sit down!

Now grab that chunk of sunshine and get your creativity on!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Her Wisdom | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig