Friday 26 June 2020

HER WISDOM - Chloe Crisp


This month I’m welcoming Chloe Crisp to my HER WISDOM series. Chloe is the founder and Chief Visionary of Keshinomi, an independent jewellery brand based in the UK. She is also a mother to 3 little humans, a certified crystal healer, lover of moon phases, creator of crystal affirmations, and maker of meaningful gemstone jewellery.

How do you begin your day? What are the first 3 things you do to get your day started?

I like to hold on to the dream state for as long as possible before allowing myself to give in to the mind chatter of the day ahead and all the to dos, so I meditate for at least 5 minutes in that dream-like space before getting my butt outta bed. Then it's hot water with lemon to officially kick the day off. I also try to add an entry to my moon journal gratitude list before the kids wake up.

Share your favourite piece of wisdom and why it means something to you.

Be wary of 'experts'. My husband's great uncle said this to me once, I thought he was a bit bonkers for saying it, it just didn't make sense to me at the time - experts are meant to be an authority, right? On the day of Uncle Eugene's funeral, when the Vicar invited us all to quietly reflect on Eugene's life, that phrase came into my head. So I asked what he meant and I got my answer: "experts are narrow minded, unable to accept new ideas or concepts." BOOM! Now I don't trust anyone who claims themself to be THE expert.

What is your go-to thing of comfort when it all gets too much?

It's going to sound like such a tree hugging cliché but... If I can shut myself way and lay covered with some crystals while listening to the sounds of nature then I'm as comforted as a bug, snug in a rug.

Who are the women that inspire you?

My Great Grand Ma! She raised 7 children, by herself, built part of her family home, then raised many of her grand kids, including my mum and her two sisters. She kept an allotment and livestock, which was how she made money, and was rocking the best Church outfit on Sunday (which my mum would whizz up for her on the Saturday night before). I didn't get to spend much time with her but my mum always tells me about her, how 'earthy' she was and how much she loved her and owed everything to her. 

How do you see yourself and what makes up your sense of identity?  

I have to admit, questions 1 - 4 were a joy to answer because my responses just flowed out. I skipped this Q and continued on to 6 through to 9 and again they all flowed. Coming back to this for a second time and I'm still challenged to answer. This is clearly linked to my answer for Q8 - a challenge I'm yet to resolve.

Do you have a favourite dish or recipe that makes you feel good or gives you a much needed boost?

GREEN SMOOTHIE! Closely followed by coffee, turmeric latte... drinks I know, but the green smoothie and turmeric latte actually involve much faffing because I make them from scratch, so I'm bumping them into the recipe category ;-)

What does confidence mean to you, what builds yours? 

Confidence is knowing not everyone is going to like you, and being 100% okay with that. Once you're okay with that then you can stop trying to be someone folks will 'like' and get on with being your authentic self, which is very liberating. I'm still perfecting the art of truly not giving an eff, after all, it's human nature to want to be likeable. 

I build my confidence with colour, I wear my 'power' colour when I need to feel super confident. I've learnt over time certain colours deplete me, such as black, so I avoid wearing those colours. 

What's challenging you right now?

Detaching from the egoic self. Every time I think I've nailed letting go of the ego, its identity and attachment to roles, something else will pop up during a moon cycle for me to learn a lesson from. It's all part of the beautiful journey called life I guess.

Tell us more about your latest or next project.

I'm diving deeper into the cyclical rhythms of nature with an idea for my moon journal. I had the idea at the start of the year, but the information I needed to bring the idea to fruition is only now coming to me, so I'm super excited to get to work on that. It also means I get to dust off my graphic design skills too which makes me happy.

You can visit Chloe’s website and online shop Keshinomi to browse her blog and find your perfect crystal bracelet and you can follow Chloe over on Instagram here.






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Her Wisdom | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig