Monday 8 October 2018

Her Wisdom - Tamara Driessen


I am so thrilled and excited to introduce Tamara Driessen to the Her Wisdom series. If you're a regular around here or follow me on Instagram you'll know that crystals, the moon cycle and tarot are all big passions of mine and something that I use in my self care toolkit. I discovered Tamara through her Instagram feed a few years ago and she is a "go-to" source of information and inspiration in my own spiritual journey. Tamara is a Crystal healer, reiki master and tarot reader and is about to release her first book The Crystal Code at the end of this month, in this post she shares her wisdom and with us too.

How do you begin your day? What are the first 3 things you need to do to get your day started?
I always try to start my day slowly. It usually begins with drinking hot water and lemon, reiki self-treatment and writing my morning pages (writing three pages of whatever’s on my mind).

Share your favourite piece of wisdom and why it means something to you.
“Be the change you wish to see in the world,” is something that I come back to again and again because the way that we feel about ourselves reflects how we see the world around us. I believe that we need to take responsibility for our well being, personal development and be conscious in our decision making process so that we can make a positive impact. 

What is your go-to thing for comfort when it all gets too much?
When things feel as if they’re getting too much, it makes me realise that I need to either slow down or take some time off. My ‘go-to’ thing for comfort is always to give myself space, which could either be waiting to respond to something until the next day, having a bath with crystals and essential oils or sitting in the park to read a book or magazine. 

Who are the women that inspire you?
That’s a tough question! There are so many women that inspire me. Laura Jane Williams, Sapphire Bates founder of The Coven, Lucy Sheridan, Ruby Warrington founder of The Numinous, Chidera Eggerue aka The Slum Flower and Patti Smith, to name a few…

How do you see yourself and what makes up your sense of identity? 
My alter ego, Wolf Sister, came from seeing myself as someone who is here to support others along this wild ride called life, but also learning how to surrender to being supported, as well. My sense of identity comes from trusting my intuition, asking myself every day ‘what will support me?’ and eliminating doing things because I think that I should. 

Do you have a favourite dish or recipe that makes you feel good or gives you a much needed boost?
Whenever I need a boost, I’ll make a hot cacao with rose water and ashwagandha. Cacao is heart opening and always helps me reset when overactive thoughts are leading me astray and I need to relax or focus. 

What does confidence mean to you, what builds yours? 
Confidence to me, is all about being able to be my own cheerleader; having self-belief, trusting in my abilities and what supports me. It’s about feeling safe to say ‘yes’ to the things that work for me and ‘no’ to the things that don’t work for me. Stepping outside of my comfort zone and reprogramming limiting beliefs, has played a huge role in building my confidence.

Tell us more about your latest or next project.
My latest project is my book, The Crystal Code which is being published by Penguin Life out on 25th October. It’s all about unlocking the power of crystals and ultimately, unlocking your own power. I’m the first to admit that collecting crystals can be addictive and it’s easy to over-prescribe your life with crystals but if you aren’t working with them consciously, they just end up being ornamental. There are lots of rituals and practices that the reader can follow to collaborate with the crystals and start making their own magic, which I’m so excited about! 

You can get your copy of The Crystal Code and connect with and follow Tamara on Instagram.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Her Wisdom | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig